Thursday, February 14, 2008

why I boycott..

M&Ms.

About 3 years ago, I began to boycott M&Ms because the candies were playing strip poker in a television ad. It was cute but it was also just at the end of prime time on a weekend and I really didn't believe that kids would be asleep and I really didn't think playing strip poker or people in their underwear was an appropriate why to sell candy. There was no link to this ad on their website as the website is pretty much designed for kids. But when I emailed, my concern, instead of the patronizing thank you for your response, we will consider it; they responded, "this is our society". I disagree and emailed that I would no longer purchase their product, thank you.

Today, they are still using nudity to sell candy and I still will not purchase them.

Thank you

1 comment:

Erin Marie said...

I'm still impressed that you even said anything to start with.

I'm amazed that they sent back the response that they did.

And I'm in awe that you've been able to give up M&M's for this long.

(I really like your evil post too, and would love to chat with you about it sometime.)