Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Desert Limes

Today, Mal and I experience a Roma treat. Desert Lime Jam. A member of the congregation with connections to Tourism Roma gave us a small introductory size sampler. It came with a brochure that gave serving suggestions. We tried the Desert Lime Jam over a bit of vanilla ice cream and we were both sold. Mal stated the more he ate the more he liked it. I found quite good and dipped into the jar for a bit more as I had been maybe a bit conservative at the onset. I will look for new ways to enjoy this local treat. And for any readers in desert locales that enjoy citrus, the tree is an Australian native citrus glauca. The product that I can honestly recommend is found at Australian Desert Limes. Enjoy

3 comments:

Brad Boydston said...

You're torturing me! Send seeds. I've read about these limes but have never had a chance to experience them.

Linda said...

Will see what I can do. Don't want to upset the USDA.
But there must be ways.

Erin Marie said...

You'd be able to send the jam, wouldn't you?