Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Leading worship

On Sunday morning, I led worship and preached. I was told afterward by a couple of people that I am improving. This was good feedback, afterall, I have been doing it here for two years and have taken about 14 subjects toward ordination during that time. During that time, my goal was to improve. The comments were specific that I was getting better because I seemed more confident. I am glad I seem more confident, but I am never confident standing in front of people presumably to speak God's word to them. It is a God sized task that I need God for. So the fact that I appear more confident, indicates to me that I am coping better with the pressure of doing God's work. I hope that means, that I have become more dependent on God. It is a risk though, that the more we know, the more we may try in our own power, in which case, I would rather look uncomfortable or less confident. At any rate, leading worship and preaching are becoming a greater part of what I do.

No comments: