Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Briar Creek Retreat

Briar Creek Retreat is a thing, event, place that does not exist; at least not yet. It is a dream (which I believe God inspired) for a retreat centre for ministers. A couple we know have tried to send their minister and family on retreat only to find the cost of the retreat centers prohibiting. They also found that these places had many activities that were part of the cost. They began to see the need for a place for ministers and families to go with little or no cost and simply have time to be, to relate with each other and to have control of activities or lack of activity. At this imaginary place, there will be cabins with names; a community breakfast, if you want; a lake; walks; a garden and nearby a town with concerts; boating, fishing, etc. Will it be real? I think so. I see the need for such a place and am supportive of the dream. Right now, it is at the trust God for the funding stage. I believe in about 4 -5 years this place will be real and Mal and I will be sitting by the lake with my Dad, maybe with siblings, children and grandchildren. Care to join me?

2 comments:

Mike Hatcher said...

Linda,

"With God, all things are possible." And, "if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven."

The dream is as clear to me as when I looked in my brides eyes 18 years ago and saw me looking at her as my beloved 50 years down the road as we end our journey on earth.

Each cabin does have a name, and the main house where my wife and I will be living is named Faith, which is foundational to this dream. The other cabins in order are Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, and Gentleness. Self Control is on the garage to remind me not to fill it with toys.

The Lord has reserved a cabin for the 7 influential pastors in my life. Each cabin has already been determined for each of them. So, would you like to know what cabin has been reserved for Mal and Linda?

Goodness (Psalm 23:6)

Mike and Gretchen

Erin Marie said...

I'm in!