Tuesday, September 04, 2007

"I killed a bird with two stones"*

Sometimes we all miss our mark. Two birds with one stone is a special event and perhaps even one bird with one stone. But I think many times to get to what we are aiming at we need to “throw” several “stones”. I believe that it is okay to keep trying to achieve good goals. The idea would be to make sure the bird that we are aiming at is truly the one we want. After that, fire away. Otherwise, you simply join the ranks of people who throw stones.

*Mia, 2 September 2007

2 comments:

Linda said...

As someone who has just stopped on a busy road to allow two ducks and their sole remaining duckling to cross a road, killing any birds with any stones is anathema!



Love H

Erin Marie said...

She makes me laugh.

Sometimes I think I'm throwing lots of stones, hoping that one will hit, and that will be the thing that I want.

Does that make sense?

It's like I'm confusing opportunity with a true goal.