Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Why Mal can't take himself too seriously either

Mal writes - Prior to leaving Bris there were some issues. 

  • I forgot my belt – okay with these trousers but not sure about others – can buy a belt if I need it.
  • I printed my boarding pass last night as you know.  It would not read this morning when I checked my bags in – so the lady said I will print you another in case this doesn’t read at the gate.
  • She did, put it in a folder with the baggage check and off I went to Q club.
  • At Qantas club I was greeted with “Oh would you prefer to go to the Captain’s lounge opposite gate 23 sir?”.  I looked at the time thinking, what entitles me to those lounges, “Oh maybe Silver status” but didn’t think any more of it.  Went into the Bus lounge (new and part of the original Q club lounge now but separated).
  • Went off down to gate when called, was first in line.  Hostie greeted me with “Oh this is the Gladstone flight sir, not Darwin”.  She handed back the pass and it was for Mr (Another) Hamill in seat 23A going to Darwin..  When I said I was on the Gladstone flight she asked me to go to the other counter.
  • I did, they explained the new computer system had some bugs and they were running the old and the new side-by-side.  Got my original 3A seat allocation back and went back to the line. Then thought, “I bet my port is on the way to Darwin!!”.  Got the folder with baggage tag attached and yup – Darwin bound.
  • Pulled out of line and back to counter.  They called baggage to see if they could get my bag pulled and onto the Gladstone.  Line for Gladstone flight was now empty – they asked me to board and that if the bag didn’t arrive then they would get it on the 8.30am flight and deliver it to me in Gladstone.
  • So got to Gladstone and my bag arrived – about the third one off.
Linda writes - the lesson.... look at the name on the boarding pass and take the offer to Captains club. :-) 

 

No comments: