Tuesday, September 02, 2008

What you mean to me

Again, this place has been neglected.  I had a two week trip away and even though I had the technology to continue to post reflections here I didn't.  Time just seemed to slip away and when there was a bit of time, I was simply too tired.  

I realize that this is how I treat probably a lot of my relationships.  I usually call my Dad every week but while I was gone, did not.  Many friends, I only catch up with once in a blue moon.  I am not totally to blame for this because they are busy too.  But I don't think relationships should be catch as catch can.  They are far too important.

From the notes of today's "Humanity, Sin and Grace" lecture, "Human beings who are created in the image of the triune God will find that image realized - proleptically - in the unity and diversity of the life of the church.  It is in that community that the desire for unity and completeness is expressed with respect to both other humans and to God. "(Summary of Stanley Grenz, The Social God and Relational Self) 

I have always place an emphasis on relationships.  Partly because I am an extrovert but also because I believe them to be priority.  I may not have had a theological reason years ago but intuitively knew it to be so.  You might say over the years, I had been formed that way.  And now find that others read the Bible that way too.

So my dear readers, I apologize for treating this different sort of relationship (blogging) casually and will endeavour to keep in contact.  Please forgive me when I fail.

No comments: