Tuesday, January 06, 2009

2009

Happy New Year.  I realize that we are almost a week into this year but it has been busy already.  Mal is away already for work.  I am trying to get some study done to lighten the load for next semester.  Yesterday, I spent some time hanging out with a friend who is going on a mission trip to Africa and have also spent some time with another friend who is bunking at our house on her holiday.  Then my two girls came and all of us went to Ikea and I bought curtains.  

Later my daughters' husbands came over and we watched movies and ate pizza.  It was a great day except for Mal missing.  While we were eating and watching, the whole house began to glow golden and even though no one could see the actual sunset (I have no west facing windows in the living room) everyone commented on how beautiful the sunset was.  They could see the golden glow through all the other windows.  I went out to actually see the sunset then came back for my camera.  

I really felt that all creation was calling to my soul to join in proclaiming the greatness of God.  Below is a photo of the sunset.  You can decide for yourself, as for me - God is truly Great!

2 comments:

John said...

I'd love to get a full-size copy of that shot. It would make a good desktop background.

Erin Marie said...

It really is a beautiful photo.