Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Down under

It is Christmas.  My rose bushes are blooming.  Yes, roses for Christmas.   It seems somewhat odd to me.  I grew up in the northern hemisphere, where Christmas is nestled neatly into the cold and snow.  Perhaps, it is not so in America's south but where I grew up Christmas is cold.  This year, I have trimmed my tree and cut roses for the dining table.  After Christmas, we will go to the cricket.  I really mean, "the" cricket, as we will go to the MCG (Melbourne Cricket Ground) for the Boxing Day (the day after Christmas) test match.  There is a bat and ball so my American friends might think of it as a sport like baseball (although not at all like baseball) in December.  But remember, it is not cold it is summer here, the roses are blooming and the game is on.

Prayers for you and your family though this blessed time when we remember God's gift to the world and anticipate Christ's coming into the world.

Merry Christmas to all!

No comments: