Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Keep Watch

There is a wedding dress hanging from my balcony in the middle of my living room.  The dress has been carefully ironed and hangs high so that it will not get crushed in a closet.  It is covered with a sheet to keep it clean.  I feel pretty sure that all the details for my daughter's wedding on Saturday have been addressed.  I am just keeping watch, trimmed the lamps, have plenty of oil, but I know the hour of the wedding.

Today, I will put up our Christmas tree (meant to have the done already :) in preparation for Christmas.  I have some gifts to put under the tree so am just about ready for Christmas day.  But there is more than celebrating that Christ came.  I expect the Lord's return though I don't know the hour.  Sometimes I forget that he is coming and have my life busy and so full already that there would scarcely be time for that appointed day.  I plan to take some time, this Christmas to be ready too for the advent (coming) of the Lord.   I am not sure really how to do that but I imagine it like getting ready for my girl's wedding.  I sat and listened to what they wanted then worked my heart out to make that happen for them because I love them so.  I will take some time to listen to what God wants then with all my heart make it happen.  I will let you know how that goes.....

No comments: