Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Why God won't let me take myself too seriously - Part 4

I rushed out of the house today.  There had been a tradesman there replacing  screens damaged by the storm, so I was late. I sprinted to the bus stop and 2 meters from the door of the bus, the driver closed the door and drove away.  I couldn't believe it.  So I hiked quickly to The Gap village about 10 mins to catch the express bus, grabbed a sushi on the way because it was soon to be lunch time and the exercise had made me hungry.  Got to Milton for the eye exam that I was rushing to only to find out that the exam is next Tuesday.  So I walked across the tracks to the college where the Triune God lecture is and sat for an hour waiting for the lecture to start.  I would have time to get a sandwich and sit in comfort to eat which was the original plan but my hunger had driven me to wolf down a sushi on the run.  Today is hot and humid and my blouse was soaking wet by the time I got to Milton not only because of the sprint but also because the express bus does not stop as close to my destination and there was a hike at the other end as well.

I tried to tell Mal that he needs to take better care of me but he insists I read the calendar all by myself.

Somehow dignity seems to be so elusive for me. I thought I was being smart booking the exam before the lecture because they are in the same area.  Maybe next week it will seem to have been a smart thing.  Next week, I will be early to the bus

1 comment:

Erin Marie said...

My favourite line in this is 'Somehow dignity seems to be so elusive for me'.

I know exactly how you feel.