Monday, March 02, 2009

Repent

Mark 1:15 Jesus says, "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God has come near; repent, and believe in the good news."  The word repent caught my attention, in order to repent one has to accept responsibility for the error in the first place.  They would have to acknowledge that they had made a mistake.  Does this happen much any more, or is it everyone else's fault? How freeing it would be for most to simply say, "I'm sorry".  

Have I offended? you bet I have - now I am sorry.  

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmmm, what you shared is truth and if I am offended by truth then the problem is mine - you should not be sorry.
Agree though with the truth shared.

Linda said...

I was not apologizing for writing truth. I had intended on making a general apology for the many times I have offended and not apologized. I see how you understood that and I guess I should have clarified.

Thanks.

John said...

I think these days many people are conditioned to "have no regrets", which they take to mean not acknowledging their mistakes as mistakes. It's hard to repent from something if you don't admit it's a problem.

Linda said...

Good point!