Thursday, February 23, 2006

When life gets to be too much...

Sometimes my life resembles a television drama; day after day the same characters with some unexpected or even expected plot twist that throws the characters into a whirl.
For much of that life I lived inside the drama then age, experience, maturity and call has put me into a position where I am the resource that people turn to in their dramas. Some dramas are quite removed but then other fall close to home and a person needs to be careful not to let their heart break to the point that they themselves break.
When that happens to whom does the resource person turn. Well, obviously, I hope to a person more mature and experienced, even called to be a similar resource person. This person is often called friend but sometime counsellor.
But that should only be one of the stopovers for relief from the drama. The other stop? God.
Remember "If your day is hemmed with prayer, it is less likely to unravel."

No comments: