Thursday, May 24, 2007

In Place

I am not in place yet. I have come to Guam moved into the manse (parsonage) and not started much ministry. I think that although it has been difficult not to just jump right in and get going that it is better this way. God has allowed my to exercise patience. Patience is a muscle that like all muscles requires exercise in order to be strong. The fact that I am here and not involved allows me time to see and listen and discern. I think that this is the first skill that field placement has taught me. Take your time and get to know what is going on, then jump in. I am looking forward to next week after I have taken the plunge.

1 comment:

Erin Marie said...

This is why you're ready for things like this.

I think it's against my moral fibre as a person to stand back and see what happens.