Saturday, May 03, 2008

Don't look back

I was commuting home from university the other day.  I take the train from uni then transfer to a bus when I get into the city.  This particular day, I got off the train in rush hour and had made my way off the platform and through the terminal.  During rush hour there are young people handing out a news magazine.  They are at every platform and at the entrance to the station.  I had managed to get past the people at the platform, quite pleased with myself for not contributing to my recycle bin at home when halfway thru the terminal I spotted the young people at the front.  They were facing the street and handing out magazines to the people entering the station.  I was relieved.  Just then the young woman turned around and opening her mouth in a big yawn.  She was turning away from the throng entering but of course, without realizing it turned to face the throng leaving.  She blushed and looked down as I grinned. 

The moral of the story - don't look back.  Up, down, sideways are slightly more acceptable but never look back. 

No comments: