Monday, May 19, 2008

Why God won't let me take myself too seriously Part 2

Okay, today, I got to college early so I stopped by the coffee shop for a coffee and a ticket for the lunch meal.  The cost was of course was not even dollars and I told the clerk that I had the change.  So he held out his hand for my coins.  I took them out of my coin purse, reached my hand directly over his and open my fingers for the coins to drop into his hand.  But no.  One coin stuck to my finger and flung itself into a cup of coffee with a splash.  No, not my coffee. The clerk stood there and kept giggling.  I could not have hit the coffee if I had tried.  I offered another coin the the clerk now in hardy laughter said "no worries" he would get it out later.  

The person standing behind me in line comments on how much coffee splash out and asked if I could do that again.  

Yes, this is the lifestyle of the not so rich or famous.

1 comment:

Erin Marie said...

Ahhh LInda...

It's very you.