Thursday, May 15, 2008

Movie Review

Mal and I and a few from our college went to see "The End of a Spear" on Monday night.  We really enjoyed the movie based on the true story of some missionary families.  I think for me it raised my awareness of the amazing love of God for all his creation.  I wonder at the conviction of men to risk their lives for a few unknown people.  I am in awe at the faith of the women to continue after such loss.  

I remember when I saw the documentary that this movie is based on I cried for my children.  I do not know what kind of unfriendly world they are entering.  And I prayed that no matter what they faced that they would be faithful.   This movie, I wondered where my convictions will take me.  Minister of the Word in Australia looks easy by comparison, doesn't it?

No comments: